Podcast with Melanie Lawson
Posted by Nicola Elliott, Jun 10, 2021
Founder of brilliant brand, Bare Biology, for boosting your mood.
Melanie and I have been wanting to meet for a long time. I have been hooked on her fish oils since I discovered them when trialling all the supplements under the sun for our NEOM Wellbeing Edit in January this year (ps currently trying out lots more for another one next year). I honestly felt they made a difference to my mood when I added them to my wellbeing toolkit.
Back in Leicester Square and Melanie and I meet and learn that Melanie launched her brand Bare Biology after being in advertising - because like most of us it seems, we are all fuelled from a personal story to begin working in the wellbeing industry. Mine from suffering anxiety and Melanie from Postnatal Depression.
We talk about how she found omega 3 helped her mental health (and that pivotal moment) in her life when she knew something wasn't right. I ask 'what on earth is EPA and DPA and what's the difference?', AND I quiz Melanie on HER wellbeing toolkit (you can read below too).
A must-listen episode with a truly inspirational, honest and REAL woman. Who has been there, done that (oh and felt that too).
To listen NOW and subscribe to receive notifications of future episodes >>
Alternatively you can listen right here by streaming the below! Listen to "Melanie Lawson: How to boost your mood (and mental wellbeing)" on Spreaker.
Here's Melanie's NO B.S. Wellbeing Toolkit.
1. Getting enough sleep (no phone, TV or laptop in the bedroom ever)
2. Intermittent fasting - theory is it helps with gut microbiome which is linked to mental health
3. Bare Biology Lion Heart Liquid
4. NEOM's Magnesium Body Butter (I used to take a supplement and now I use this, it's brilliant)
5. Limited alcohol and sugar (weekend treats only and I accept I'm borrowing some happiness from the next day)
6. Practising gratitude - I run through a few things I'm grateful for and remind myself that one day I won't be here
7. Strength training
8. My German Shepherd - he makes me feel safe and he makes me laugh!